Horry County Fire Rescue
Conway, South Carolina
Horry County is most famous for being the county where the world-famous Myrtle Beach Grand Strand is located. It covers a population approaching 300,000, making it the 5th most populated county in South Carolina, excluding tourists. Tourist traffic accounts for over 15 million annually. The fire department covers a huge range of infrastructure ranging from single family residences to high-rise condominiums, hospitals and industry, with tourism accounting for the bulk of its economy.
Horry County Fire Rescue is a combination career members tasked with fire suppression and all hazards response to the unincorporated areas of Horry County and emergency medical care for the entire county. Horry County covers over 1134 square miles making it the largest county east of the Mississippi. Staffing for the department consists of over 320 full time career staff and over 300 volunteers. The Department is split into three battalions geographically.
The newest mobile air and light truck from Hackney increases refill capabilities for SCBA and aerials.
- Freightliner M2-106
- Cummins ISL300 with Allison 3000 EVS automatic transmission
- Vertical chromed exhaust stack
- 12,000# front axle; 23,000# rear axle
- Alcoa LVL aluminum wheels
- 50 gallon fuel capacity
- Remote controlled mirrors
- Seats, Inc air suspension seats (2)
- Kussamul battery conditioner with 20-amp auto-eject shorepower coupled with Kussmaul brake air pump
- Hackney DF0773 14-ft body with roll-up doors
- Drop/Pinch frame technology
- Drop-down pneumatic compartment step platforms in left and right front compartments
- Slide-out rack with two (2) completed SCBA’s in backup and go donning position
- Spare SCBA bottle storage tubes in rear wheelskirt panels, left and right (total 4)
- SCBA bottle storage rack (20)
- Medical Oxygen H-size tank for attachment of manifold for multiple oxygen outlets
- Electric awning full length streetside
- Bauer K18.1-20-E3; 20hp, 25.2 cfm breathing air compressor mounted in wheelhouse compartment
- Four (4) 6000 spi ASME breathing air storage vessels
- Bauer CFS-5.5-3 – 3-bottle fill station with cascade fill panel cable of filling 2.2, 4.5, and 5.5 SCBA’s and SCUBA’s.
- Hannay electric rewind air hose reel with 150-ft 3/8” utility air hose
- V-MUX multiplexed electrical system with VISTA color LCD control screen
- Textual and visual graphics message display on screen showing doors open, light tower extended, awning extended, ambient temperature, system diagnostics, chassis and body data.
- Whelen PLAST4VL LED taillights; tail, stop, amber arrow turn, backup and lower Zone C warning.
- Federal Latitude LED traffic advisor light bar on upper rear
- Whelen 9SC0ENZR LED OptiScene lights; 2) each side and 2) rear
- Whelen LED brow flood light integrated into light bar
- FRC FireFly LED ground lights
- LED strip compartment lights recessed in side wall of each compartment
- Whelen NFPA upper and lower zone LED warning light package
- Federal eQ2B siren with BP200-Q-200W siren speaker
- Color rearview camera
- Onan 40KW, 3-phase PTO Generator in left front compartment
- Hannay ECR1618-17-18 electric rewind cord reels with 200-ft 10/4 cable
- Power distribution box on end of reel cable with four outlets (2)
- Multiple body mounted power outlets
- Command Light model CL602A-FS light tower with (6) 220W FRC Spectra LED flood lamps and backlighting feature