JACKSONVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Jacksonville is home to the U.S. Marine Corps' Camp Lejeune and New River Air Station. The department has five stations protect more that 70,000 residents, not counting the massive military reservation. The department purchased its second Hackney rescue to expand capabilities and the increasing number of incident responses requiring specialized equipment.
The 21-ft body has nine compartments with roll-up doors. The four compartments forward of the rear wheels are 60" wide and 76" high with 40" of depth from lower floor to ceiling taking advantage of the drop/pinch frame for increased storage capacity.
- Kenworth T370 cab/chassis
- Cummins ISC, 380 hp engine
- Air-ride rear suspension
- Weldon Vehicle Data Recorder
- V-MUX multiplexed electrical system with color VISTA control panel on console featuring visual and textual graphics for doors open, light tower and awnings deployed.
- LED Traffic Advisor
- Whelen LED M-Series NFPA 1901 warning light package; tail lights; upper side and rear body scene lights; Pioneer flood light on light bar
- LED compartment strip lights recessed into side walls
- LumaBar LED ground lights
- Bauer 25 cfm, 20hp breathing air compressor with four 6000 psi ASME receivers and two SpaceSaver 2-bottle fill stations.
- 100-amp transfer relay permitting the compressor to be operated off shorepower at the fire station.
- 30-amp automatic transfer relay to power battery chargers for radios and handlights from the Kussmaul auto-eject shorepower
- Electrically deployed awnings are installed on the left and right side.
- Utility air hose reel integrated to a regulator on the fill station control panel. Reel loaded with 150-ft 3/8” hose.
- TNT hydraulic hose reels (2) in upper rear extrication compartment
- Two sets of TNT rescue tool couplers in front bumper routed to power units
- TNT electric Simo hydraulic power units (2)
- Slide-out rescue airshores and strut tool board (pictured at right)
- Slide-out tray rated at 1000# (pictured at left) with 20” high side walls
- Slide-out SCBA rack accommodating up to twelve (12) complete SCBA’s in a
“backup and go” donning configuration
- Isolated rope storage compartment
- Roof ladder storage tunnel in top of rear extrication compartment for 24-ft two-section and 14-ft roof ladder
- Storage tunnel for stokes basket stretcher; two long backboards and rescue tripod assembly
- Three individual wheelskirt compartments for: a total of nine (9) spare SCBA bottles
- Slide-out Speedi-Dry hopper aft of left rear wheels
A 50-KW PTO generator is mounted inside the left front compartment. Access to the breaker panel is simple and easy to view and also provides mounting space for handlights and light tower remote. The generator powers a NightScan light tower with six 900-watt MagnaFire omni-directional flood lamps (between cab and body). 900-watt MagnaFire floods are also provided on the left and right upper side body (2 each side). Two tripod flood lights are on the rear body. Two 240VAC cord reels with 200-ft 10/4 cable provides remote power through a power distribution box split into two separate 30-amp circuits with four 120VAC outlets to eliminate loss of amperage at 200-ft.