St. Bernard Parish Fire
After running the wheels off their 2003 Hackney rescue without any failures, St. Bernard Parish had no question about what they would purchase to advance their rescue response capabilities, purchasing two heavy rescues with increased capacity and capabilities. Bordering New Orleans to the west, Lake Bornge to the east and the Gulf of Mexico to the south, the Parish protects a dense population of residential, business and heavy industrial/petro-chemical clients.
- Spartan MetroStar MFD with 10” raised roof
- Cummins ISL9, 380 hp engine and Allison 3000EVS automatic transmission
- 18,000# front and 24,000# rear axle
- Aluminum alloy wheels
- Bostrom 8-way electric ABTS driver’s seat; Bostrom Secure-All SCBA officers seat; left and right rear facing outboard Secure-All SCBA firefighter seats
- Stainless steel front bumper with 28” extension
- Hadley E-Tone air horns recessed in bumper (2)
- 270-amp Leece-Neville alternator with (6) Group 31 batteries; Kussmaul 1200 battery conditioner; Kussmaul 20-amp auto-eject shorepower
- Medical cabinet centered on back wall with left and right side roll-up doors; aluminum with powder-coated finish; LED strip lighting; (2) adjustable shelves
- Bumper equipped with center drop-down portable winch access door permitting use of the winch in the bumper stored position or relocation to 10,000# receivers on left and right side of body and beneath rear bumper
- Compartment on right side of bumper with Hurst hydraulic hose reel
- Hackney DFC1173R, 20-ft, 11-compartment heavy rescue body with Hackney roll-up doors
- Integral recessed roof with two coffin compartments and rear roof access ladder
- Drop/Pinch frame with 40” floor-to-ceiling compartment depth
- Drop-down platform steps in compartments forward of rear wheels for access to upper reaches of compartments and secondary use as rehab benches.
- Recessed adjustable shelf tracks to maximize interior storage capacity
- Slide-out SCBA storage rack for eight complete SCBA’s in right front compartment
- Spare SCBA bottle storage tubes in right aft wheelhouse compartment (12)
- Transverse tunnel in top of forward wheelhouse compartment for stokes basket stretcher and two long backboards.
- Tunnel compartment in top of aft wheelhouse compartment for 12-ft folding ladder.
- 18” high x 48” wide x 38” deep cribbing storage bin in bottom of #2 right side compartment with drop-down door over opening to secure cribbing.
- 36” deep slide-out toolboard full height of #2 streetside compartment
- Airbag storage drawer 47” wide x 36” deep x 9” high rated at 600 lbs.
- Speedi-Dry slide-out hopper in right aft wheelskirt panel with 80# capacity of granular material
- V-MUX multiplexed electrical – chassis and body with color Vista control panel providing activation of warning and scene lights and PTO; graphics and textual warning of doors open and light tower extended; chassis and body systems diagnostics; pertinent data display (serial numbers, fluid levels, etc).
- Whelen PAST4 LED taillight assembly
- Upper auxiliary brake lights – 3 x 6 LED with Jake Brake activation
- Whelen 90 series LED OptiScene lights – (2) each side and (2) rear
- Recessed LED strip lights in side walls of all compartments and roof compartment lids
- Whelen FN72QLED light bar with GPS equipped Opticom
- Whelen LED upper and lower zone warning lights
- Q2B siren left side of bumper
- Whelen 295HFS electronic siren and speaker
- 25kw Onan PTO generator mounted inside left front compartment protecting components from saltwater damage
- 30-amp transfer relay to 120VAC strip outlets in EMS cabinet and exterior compartments permitting power source from both shorepower and generator
- 240VAC Akron cord reels with 200-ft 10/4 cable and 4-outlet 120VAC power distribution box
- FRC Optimum tripod flood lights on left rear body (2)
- FRC Optimum flood lights on left and right upper side body (2)
- Knight Light KL450 light tower with (6) quartz halogen flood lamps
- SpaceSaver two-bottle fill enclosure with 4-bank cascade fill control panel
- 6000 psi DOT storage air storage vessels (4)
- Electric rewind utility air hose reel with 150-ft hose integrated to regulator on fill panel
- Hurst electric rewind cord reels: (1) in front bumper; (2) in top of rear extrication tool compartment