Horry County Fire Rescue
Horry County is most famous for being the county where the world-famous Myrtle Beach Grand Strand is located. It covers a population approaching 300,000, making it the 5th most populated county in South Carolina, excluding tourists. Tourist traffic accounts for over 15 million annually. The fire department covers a huge range of infrastructure ranging from single family residences to high-rise condominiums, hospitals and industry, with tourism accounting for the bulk of its economy.
Horry County Fire Rescue is a combination career/volunteer members tasked with fire suppression and all hazards response to the unincorporated areas of Horry County and emergency medical care for the entire county. The department mans 40 stations. Horry County covers over 1134 square miles making it the largest county east of the Mississippi. Staffing for the department consists of over 320 full time career staff and over 300 volunteers. The Department is split into three battalions geographically.
- Spartan Metro-Star EMFD with 10” raised roof
- Occupant Advanced Protection System
- Cummins ISL 450; 450hp; 1250 lb.ft torque
- Allison 3000 EVS 6-speed automatic transmission
- 21,500# front axle; 24,000# rear axle
- Alcoa Dura-Bright aluminum wheels
- 24” extended structural steel bumper with Chevron
- Six (6) SCBA seats
- Storage compartment with roll-up door between rear facing seats
- Environmental system (heater and air conditioner) mounted in ceiling for maximum air circulation
- Remote controlled mirrors
- 320-amp alternator with six (6) Group 31 batteries
- Kussmaul 35/10 battery conditioner with Auto-Eject shorepower
- Hackney DFC1173R 19.5-ft body with roll-up doors
- Integral recessed roof with storage well for light tower and two (2) coffin storage compartments with split lids
- Drop/Pinch frame technology
- 10,000# winch receivers in front bumper; beneath rear bumper; left and right side of body forward of rear wheels; (4) 12VDC winch power connectors; 9000# Warn portable winch
- Drop-down pneumatic compartment step platforms in left and right front and intermediate compartments rated at 500 lbs.
- Five (5) individual storage tunnels in upper wheelhouse compartments for: two (2) stokes basket stretchers; two (2) long backboards; one (1) Little Giant ladder
- Vented cribbing compartment
- 38” deep x 66” high two-sided slide-out toolboard
- Speedi-Dry hopper in right (curb) side aft wheelskirt panel with an 80# capacity
- Two (2) Hurst hydraulic hose reels with Streamline couplers
- Two (2) Hannay electric rewind utility air hose reels with 150-ft 3/8” hose and pressure regulators feed from cascade system at each reel
- SpaceSaver two-bottle SCBA fill enclosure with stainless steel integral cascade fill panel and four (4) 6000 psi DOT receivers. Receivers are recharged from the new Hackney Mobile Air Unit.
- V-MUX multiplexed electrical system with VISTA color LCD control screen
- Textual and visual graphics message display on screen showing doors open, light tower extended, awning extended, ambient temperature, system diagnostics, chassis and body data.
- Whelen PLAST4VL LED taillights; tail, stop, amber arrow turn, backup and lower Zone C warning.
- Auxiliary LED stope lights
- Federal Latitude LED traffic advisor light bar on upper rear
- Whelen 9SC0ENZR LED OptiScene lights; 2) each side and 2) rear
- FRC FireFly LED ground lights
- LED strip compartment lights recessed in side wall of each compartment
- Whelen F4N72QLED, 72” LED Lightbar on forward cab roof
- Whelen NFPA upper and lower zone LED warning light package
- Federal Q2B mechanical siren
- Whelen 295HFS2 electronic siren with (2) 100-watt siren speakers in bumper
- Grover 21” air horns in left and right front bumper
- Color rearview camera
- Onan 2KW PTO Generator in left front compartment
- 30-amp automatic transfer relay feeding multiple dedicated outlets
- Two (2) Hannay ECR1618-17-18 electric rewind cord reels with 200-ft 10/4 cable
- Power distribution box on end of reel cable with four outlets (2)
- Multiple body mounted power outlets
- Two (2) FRC Spectra LED tripod flood lights
- Command Light model CL602A-FS light tower with (6) 220W FRC Spectra LED flood lamps and backlighting feature