Harlowe Volunteer Fire Department
The Harlowe Fire Department is located just a few miles east of Cherry Point Marine Corp Air Station. The MCAS is distinctive in the area, where jet aircraft are constantly taking off and landing, with a welcome sign as you enter the City of Havelock that reads, “The noise you hear is the sound of freedom.” The Harlowe VFD serves the area touching the base and eastward to the Neuse River/Pamlico Sound. The combination rescue and Air/Light unit will provide mutual aid to the region.
- Kenworth T370
- Engine – Cummins PX-9 - 380hp; 1150 lb-ft torque
- Transmission – Allison 3000 EVS 6-speed
- 14,600# front axle; 23,000# rear axle
- Polished aluminum wheels
- Remote controlled and heated mirrors
- National Air Cushion Plus HB driver and officer seats
- 320-amp alternator with (3) GP-31 batteries
- Air horns on left and right side of hood
- Weldon Vehicle Data Recorder
- Vertical Exhaust with chromed stack and heat shield
- 45-amp battery conditioner with Kussmaul 20-amp Auto-Eject shorepower
- Hackney DF0973R; 18-ft body with roll-up doors
- Drop/Pinch frame technology
- Drop-down pneumatic compartment step platforms in left and right front compartments
- Integral roof storage compartments (2)
- Fold-down step platforms in S-2 and C-2 compartments for accessing storage in upper tunnel.
- 10,000# winch receivers under left and right side of body and under rear bumper with 12vdc power points
- Storage tunnel for stokes basket stretcher and long boards
- Storage compartment for cribbing with hinged doors over opening.
- Two-way slide-out toolboard forward of air compressor in wheelhouse compartment.
- Vertical toolboard on curbside for placement of airshores, jacks, and complete SCBA’s.
- Storage for eleven (11) spare SCBA bottles around fill station.
- Roller assembly on edge of rear roof for assisting in deployment and storage of 14-ft roof and 25-ft two-section ladders.
- Bauer 15.11-15-E3, 18cfm air compressor with 15hp 3-phase motor and (4) 6000 psi DOT UN receivers.
- Spacesaver two-bottle fill enclosure and integral cascade fill panel.
- Electric Rewind utility air hose reel with 150-ft 3/8” hose.
- Champion electric rewind hydraulic hose reels with quick couplers (2)
- V-MUX multiplexed electrical system with VISTA color LCD control screen
- Textual and visual graphics message display on screen showing doors open, light tower extended, awning extended, ambient temperature, system diagnostics, chassis and body data.
- LED taillights; tail, stop, amber turn, backup.
- Federal Latitude LED traffic advisor light bar on upper rear
- Whelen 9SC0ENZR LED OptiScene lights; 2) each side and 2) rear
- Whelen LED brow flood light integrated into light bar
- LED ground lights
- LED strip compartment lights recessed in side wall of each compartment
- Whelen Justice JE2QNFPA LED light bar on cab roof
- Whelen LED Upper and Lower Zone warning lights
- Whelen 295SLSA-1 electronic siren
- Color rearview camera
- Onan 40KW, 3-phase PTO Generator in left front compartment
- 30-amp automatic transfer switch to dedicated power outlets
- Akron ERWC-15-10 electric rewind cord reel with 200-ft 10/3 cable and 4-outlet power distribution box.
- Tripod flood lights on rear of body (2)
- Knight Light model KL-415A-FS-6x22 light tower with (6) Spectra Max LED flood lamps
- 3.3 cu.ft. refrigerator