Fairmount Township Vol. Fire Department
Just west of Kansas City in Leavenworth County, Fairmount Township covers a diverse area serving industrial, residential, and agricultural and high traffic interstate and state highway emergency responses. In order to meet this diverse response capability the fire department selected Hackney’s Classis heavy rescue with drop/pinch frame for increased storage capacity.
- Spartan MetroStar ELFD cab with 24” raised roof
- V-MUX Electrical system with Touchscreen controls
- 380HP Cummins engine
- Automatic snow chains
- 28” extended bumper with two (2) hydraulic hoses reels and trays for two pre-connected rescue tools
- SCBA seats: Officer and (4) on across rear wall
- Storage cabinets and workstation behind driver and officer seats: 70”H x 22”W x 24”D vertical cabinets outboard with adjustable shelves; 14”H x 42”W x 20”D cabinet between vertical cabinets at roof line; stainless steel workstation between vertical cabinets at floor with (3) slide-out drawers beneath (see photo & drawings).
- 10,000# winch receivers: beneath front bumper; left and right side of body; under rear bumper.
- 9000# portable Warn winch
- Hackney Drop/Pinch frame
- 18-ft Hackney Classic body with 11 roll-up door compartments
- 24.5” deep roof storage compartments (see drawings)
- Cribbing storage compartment with hinged doors over opening to prevent cribbing from sliding into roll-up doors
- Transverse storage compartment in top of wheelhouse compartments for: stokes basket stretcher; (2) long backboards; Little Giant ladder.
- Rear extrication tool compartment.
- Slide-out Speedi-Dry hopper in right rear wheelskirt panel with 80 lb. capacity
- Electric deploy awning full length right side of body
- Graphic depiction of doors and hopper open; light tower and awning extended
- LED tail lights and marker lights
- LED TrafficMaster light bar on rear body
- LED ground lights
- Whelen 12vdc scene lights; (2) each side and (2) rear with reverse and turn signal activation
- Recessed LED compartment lights recessed into side walls of all compartments
- Whelen LED warning light package for upper and lower zones
- Whelen 72” LED light bar on lower cab roof
- Rearview color backup camera
- 25KW Onan PTO generator mounted in left front compartment
- 240VAC cord reels (2) with junction box split into two separate circuits on each box to maximize amperage output at 200-ft of cord extension
- Tripod flood lights on rear of body (2)
- 900W flood lights on upper side body (2)
- Knight light tower on forward roof with (6) flood lamps and Backlight rotation feature
- Utility air hose reel